In the heart of New York's historic Gramercy Park in an elegant residential enclave, stands a landmark townhouse, The Inn at Irving Place. Evoking a bygone era of gracious living, this prestigious New York hotel is a haven of refinement, with exemplary service and fine dining.
Built in 1834 and remodelled in 1994, The Inn at Irving Place New York provides a luxurious respite from city bustle yet is perfectly placed to make the most of the world's most vibrant city.
The 12 guest rooms and suites are furnished with exquisite antiques reminiscent of the New York of Edith Wharton. Guest rooms feature four-poster beds with embroidered linens, cherrywood floors, ornamental fireplaces and wood shutters - whilst the hotel's original curving banister, tea room and fireplace and a living room bursting with antiques will appeal to anyone with a taste for a more traditional and quaint accommodation.
Yet all modern comforts, from remote climate control to computers with Internet access, are available. Each of the suites has a luxurious sitting room that recreates the elegance of the last century. In keeping with this dignified atmosphere, you can enjoy breakfast in bed or take it in the guest parlour.
Note: the Inn at Irving does not allow children under 8 years old or pets.
Deluxe room with Queen bed - Located on the upper floor. Garden view. Full bathroom (bath tub and shower). Superior room with Queen bed - Located on the upper floor. Small sitting area. Garden view. Full bathroom (bath tub and shower). Junior suite with Queen bed - Located on the upper floor. Garden view. Full bathroom (bath tub and shower).
Guest Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Frette bed and bath linens
- Sony CD / radio / alarm
- Dual-line phone with teleport connection
- Wireless Internet connection
- Work desk
- Remote digital cable with HBO, television and VCR
- Penhaligon's fine bathroom amenities
- Full-size mirrors
Restaurants & Bars
- Lady Mendl's: Open Wednesday to Friday from 3:00 pm or 5:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm. Five course high tea service by reservation only
- Cibar Lounge: Upscale atmosphere featuring designer martinis and imported beers. Monday to Thursday: 5:00 pm to 2:00 am; Friday to Saturday: 6:00 pm to 4:00 am
- Casa Mono & Bar Jamon: Spanish cuisine and wine bar from famed chef, Mario Batali
- Pure Food & Wine: Upscale organic raw cuisine & juice bar from Jeffrey Chodorow.
Function rooms are available for cocktail parties and receptions, intimate dinner parties and weddings.
The following leisure facilities are located near The Inn at Irving Place:
- Golf driving range
- Horseback riding
- Ice skating
- Indoor swimming pool
- Jogging track
- Tennis courts
- Ten pin bowling
Services & Facilities
- Conference room capacity: 25
- Massages available
- Dry-cleaning / laundry services
- Business services
- Parking (fee applies)
- 24-hour Room Service
- Nightly turndown service
- Valet service
- Concierge services
- Continental breakfast
- Business, private events and party planning services
- Airport pick-up service available
Situated at 17th Street just South of Gramercy Park, The Inn at Irving Place is in the heart of one of New York's most historic neighborhoods. The quiet tree-lined streets are famous for their landmark architecture as well as the many authors who lived in and were inspired by, the neighborhood.
Nearby Attractions & Transport
- Broadway theaters 25 blocks south
- Forbes Galleries 8 blocks east
- Gramercy Park 2 blocks south
- Midtown (10 minutes by taxi)
- Morgan Library 15 blocks south
- Museum Mile south (20 min taxi)
- Soho north (15 min taxi)
- Greenwich Village north
- Union Square 1 block west
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA): 15 miles
- JFK International Airport (JFK): 20 miles
- Newark Airport (EWR): 25 miles
- Penn Station: 3 miles
- Grand Central Station: 2 miles